River cobbler fillets with a cherry tomato sauce
Prep time 5 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
500 g frozen lightly spiced jacket wedges
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 x 400g tins Pomodorini cherry tomatoes in rich tomato juice
1 tsp Fairtrade white caster sugar
500 g skinless and boneless river cobbler fillets
0.5 tbsp olive oil
100 g kale, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, fan 180ºC, gas 6. Put the wedges on a large baking tray in a single layer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the onion, garlic, vinegar, tomatoes and sugar in a pan and bring to the boil.Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Line a baking tray with foil. Brush the fish fillets with the oil, season with plenty of freshly ground black pepper and arrange on the tray.
- Put in the oven with the wedges for the final 10 minutes of cooking time.
- Put the kale in a microwave-proof bowl with 2 tablespoons water, cover loosely with cling film and cook on high for 1 minute 30 seconds. Serve with the fish, wedges and cherry tomato sauce.